It’s been quite a while since I’ve gotten a few things off of my chest and since I’m always full of peeves and annoyances I thought it was time to unleash:
- Don’t let yourself grow bitter; instead, advocate for yourself. No one is looking out for your happiness beside you. Make it happen and chase what makes you most happy.
- Treat every code review, both as the reviewer and the submitter, as a learning and team building experience. Your code doesn’t represent you personally but your review comments certainly do. Be a cheerleader, don’t be a cancer.
- Does desktop Safari still exist?
- Redesigning a blog is hard. I’ve thrown away probably a dozen designs since the current design. The love for a design is lost long before any users see it.
- I’m shocked at what appears to be the lack of React performance tools. Not having used React as much as I’d have liked, I often hear that React leads to slow sites.
- The Xbox One X is amazing. Lightning fast processing, glorious 4k assets, backward compatibility, and a few awesome launch games. 100GB game downloads though? My word…
- …the browser wars, however, are heating up. Mozilla’s being more direct in marketing and Brave has gone in a whole new direction. Your move, Chrome?
- The past year and a half of working from home has been a nightmare. Two kids bursting in at every moment, hearing nothing but whining few minutes…it really drains on one’s motivation and ability to think. Another point of bitterness.
- I’d be totally lost without this blog and all of you. Thank you so much for your support. It means more than you’ll ever know.
- Owning crypto is a butt-clenching experience. You almost feel more comfortable when the price is dropping.
- I’m slightly horrified to do a podcast and videocasts. I’m less confident about my appearance and voice than I am my coding skills. And that’s saying something.
Those are my thoughts at the moment. Let me know what I’m wrong about! Confess your own dev sins!