APJ ABDUL KALAM TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
THIRD SEMESTER MCA DEGREE EXAMINATION, JULY 2018
Course Name: CLOUD COMPUTING
- Risks in any cloud deployment are dependent upon the particular cloud service model chosen and the type of cloud on which you deploy your applications.
- The following analysis needs to be performed in order to evaluate your risks.
- Determine which resources (data, services, or applications) you are planning to move to the cloud.
- Determine the sensitivity of the resource to risk. Risks that need to be evaluated are loss of privacy, unauthorized access by others, loss of data, and interruptions in availability.
- Determine the risk associated with the particular cloud type for a resource.
- Take into account the particular cloud service model that you will be using.
- If you have selected a particular cloud service provider, you need to evaluate its system to understand how data is transferred, where it is stored, and how to move data both in and out of the cloud.
- One technique for maintaining security is to have “golden” system image.
- It helps to take a system image off-line and analyze the image for vulnerabilities or compromise.
- Many cloud providers offer a snapshot feature that can create a copy of the client’s entire environment
- A snapshot includes not only machine images, but applications and data, network interfaces, firewalls, and switch access.
- If you feel that a system has been compromised, you can replace that image with a known good version.